Translate

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Stevia - The Zero Calorie All Natural Sweetner

Replace your sugar with a natural zero calorie herb
Stevia is a South American herb that has been used as a sweetener by the Guarani Indians of Paraguay for hundreds of years. The leaves of this small, green Stevia rebaudiana plant have a delicious and refreshing taste that can be 30 times sweeter than sugar.
Stevia has many excellent properties. The body does not metabolize the sweet glycosides from the stevia leaf or any of its processed forms - so there is no caloric intake. Stevia doesn't adversely affect blood glucose levels and may be used freely by diabetics.

3 comments:

  1. I am afraid of sugar substitutes, but after reading this, I can't wait to try it. I love your blog! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, You are so right about Stevia. There are many chemical reactions that people are not aware of when using Equal or Splenda. Stevia is the first NATURAL sugar substitute that the public has had a chance to use and you are 'right on' to let your readers know of this wonderful product that nature has supplied us with! Keep up the good work...Chef Robert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Slaker, I am glad that I can help you. Thank you for being a follower of blog. I hope that I can help you in any other concerns you may have.

    ReplyDelete